Saturday, June 25, 2016

Comment on Classmate's Blog (Blog 8)

Reading Sydney's blog post titled "Nature Was Here First" was a full pleasure and definitely was a good read. My classmate immediately grabs my attention with a quote from our President saying "Americans should embrace their national parks as symbols of the planet’s beauty and history—and help protect them from the ravages of climate change". I feel like this was a great opener to her editorial and captured the attention of her audience. 

She then went on in the next paragraph to argue that she is not proud that our country is "trying so hard to fix problems that we have created so willy-nilly." This statement in itself is quite the statement and I have a lot of respect for someone to say "Hey, I am not proud of something that our country has done." She then goes on to say a quite witty comment that portrays here as being slightly hypocritical in a humorous way. However, just by saying that she build relation with the reader. I know that I am sitting here writing with a couple lights on that I don't need and therefore can join in on her witty hypocritical party. 

My fellow classmate then goes on to state two important facts that do ring very true to me. The first is that the earth was here before us. Secondly, we cannot anticipate how much longer earth will last while not trying our best to preserve it. For the remainder of her post, she talks about how President Obama has been doing more good than harm and a much better job at preserving our planet as well as promoting more Eco-friendly policies. 

My classmate Sydney finally concludes with her concerns that we will not preserve this earth until it is too late. That is a concern shared with many, including myself. She then ends on a note that leaves a bit of an after taste to take with you by saying that this year marks the Centennial Anniversary for the National Parks System. Then she explains that this means that “we have been told by the government to conserve, respect, and admire these specific parts of the environment for 100 years" but yet we are "still continuing to have to be told by the government how not to kill the planet." Overall, I felt as though this was a very solid piece and had some very passionate arguments behind it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece and recommend others to read it as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment